NBA rumors: Latest news on injuries, contracts, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
There are no more undefeated teams in the NBA, but the Philadelphia 76ers and New Orleans Pelicans are still winless. The Pelicans will try to get that first victory Thursday night against the Milwaukee Bucks.
However, Thursday night's games are highlighted by the Miami Heat hosting the Chicago Bulls. It is Dwyane Wade's first game back in Miami since leaving the team in free agency this summer.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin sidestepped questions about returning to his hometown of Oklahoma City to sign with the Thunder as a free agent this summer, saying is "main focus" is on the Clippers, reports ESPN's Andrew Han. The Thunder host the Clippers on Friday.
• Washington Wizards point guard John Wall was fined $25K by the league for making contact with an official and failing to leave the court in the timely manner after being ejected in Monday's loss to the Houston Rockets, reports ESPN. Wall was ejected for the second straight game Wednesday after committing a Flagrant 2 foul on Boston Celtics point guard Marcus Smart.
• Wizards guard Bradley Beal left Washington's win over the Celtics with a hamstring injury and will have an MRI on Thursday, reports ESPN's Jeff Goodman.
• Phoenix Suns head coach Earl Watson said center Tyson Chandler had several opportunities to be traded this off-season, but wanted to stay with the Suns, reports Gerald Bourguet of Hoops Habit.
• San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker could return from knee soreness as soon as this weekend, reports Tom Orsborn of the San Antonio Express-News.
• Guard Ray Allen nearly signed with the Houston Rockets after retiring in 2014, but ultimately decided against it, reports Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today.
• The Cleveland Cavaliers are visiting the White House on Thursday for their championship celebration, the team announced.