NBA rumors: Latest news on injuries, contracts, more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The New Orleans Pelicans had a chance to pick up their first win Thursday night, going up against the 4-3 Milwaukee Bucks. They led 61-54 at halftime and held on for a 112-106 win. The only other winless team, the Philadelphia 76ers, will get their chance Friday night when they play the 4-4 Indiana Pacers.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Dirk Nowitzki has started on-court work as he recovers from an Achilles injury, reports ESPN.com. Nowitzki has not played since November 4th and said he needs to participate in a practice or two before he's ready to return to game action.
• When Nowitzki eventually retires, Harrison Barnes plans on taking over Nowitzki's role on the Dallas Mavericks. Barnes told ESPN that he's working every single day so that he's ready to replace Nowitzki.
• The Toronto Raptors are still without center Jonas Valanciunas he recovers from what he calls a minor knee injury. Valanciunas told The Toronto Star that he's not rushing back from the injury.
• The Detroit Pistons likely won't have Reggie Jackson back any time soon. The Detroit News reports Jackson has resumed some basketball activities, but is still weeks away from a return.
• The New York Knicks announced they've recalled Ron Baker and Marshall Plumlee from the D-League. Baker dropped 26 points in the D-League Wednesday.
• The Denver Nuggets have rejected multiple trade offers in the past two years for Danilo Gallinari, reports Kevin O'Connor The Ringer. O'Connor adds the Nuggets could make a push to add a superstar if one becomes available in a trade.