NFL rumors: Latest buzz around free agency, trades
With the NFL draft over and free agency winding down, the NFL rumor mill is abuzz. What's the latest? Check back often as we update below with all the latest scoops, including transactions, news and rumors.
• San Diego Chargers running back Melvin Gordon reportedly signed a four-year rookie contract.
• New York Jets defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson says he thinks the team's defensive line has the talent to be the best in the NFL.
• Denver Broncos assistant director of pro personnel Anthony Kelly reportedly will join the Chicago Bears' coaching staff.
• Baltimore Ravens safety Terrence Brooks is not ruling out a return this season after tearing his ACL last December.
• NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will hear Tom Brady's appeal in the ongoing Deflategate case.
• Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell says he hopes to get his three-game suspension reduced.
• A notice of appeal was filed by a former NFL player and his wife that could delay funds and medical care for players covered by the potential $1 billion NFL concussion settlement.
• Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones says the team "would like to get something satisfactorily worked out" with cornerback Orlando Scandrick, who has not participated in the offseason program so far, according to ESPN.
• Jerry Jones says the team’s running game is better than it was last season, despite losing NFL rushing leader and All-Pro running back DeMarco Murray during free agency, according to the Dallas Morning News.
• Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis called extension negotiations "a work in progress" and "not something I'm stressing over," reports The Charlotte Observer
• Titans center Chris Spencer won't play in 2015 after tearing his left Achilles while working out on his own, The Tennessean reports.
• Vikings guard Austin Wentworth's had to retire due to a medical condition, according to the Pioneer Press.
• The Bills signed free-agent fullback John Conner, the team announced on Wednesday.