NFL rumors: Latest Week 2 news on injuries, contracts, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 2 of the NFL season kicked off on Thursday night, with the New York Jets beating the Buffalo Bills, 37–31. The Jets ended a five-game losing streak to the Bills with the victory.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Referee Ed Hochuli, not the team's medical staff, forced Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor to leave the game in the third quarter after he showed signs of a concussion following a sack, reports ESPN's Mike Rodak.
• San Diego Chargers rookie defensive end Joey Bosa is unlikely to make his season debut on Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
• Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said he'll be "ready to roll" for Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Rams, reports Curtis Crabtree of KRJ-AM. Wilson sustained an ankle injury in Seattle's Week 1 win over the Dolphins.
• The Indianapolis Colts announced that wide receiver T.Y. Hilton was held out of practice Thursday with a knee injury.
• The Rams have signed defensive tackle Michael Brockers to a $33 million contract extension, reports Rapoport.
• New York Giants fullback Nikita Whitlock has been suspended 10 games for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy, reports Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News.
• A Nevada oversight committee has unanimously voted to recommend $750 million in public funds to build a football stadium for the Oakland Raiders, reports ESPN.