In the final game before Tom Brady’s return, the Patriots will turn to Jacoby Brissett for the second consecutive week. Brissett, despite dealing with a thumb injury, gets the nod over Jimmy Garoppolo, who has an injured shoulder.
Other notable players on the injury report this weekend include receivers Marvin Jones and Alshon Jeffery, who will both be active when the Bears play the Lions in Chicago. Jones leads the NFL in receiving yards three weeks into the season. He had 205 yards and two touchdowns on six receptions last week.
A full list of notable injury status updates is below.
• QB Jacoby Brissett, Patriots — Active
• QB Jimmy Garoppolo, Patriots — Inactive
• WR Alshon Jeffrey, Bears — Active
• WR Marvin Jones, Lions — Active
• TE Delanie Walker, Titans — Active
• RB Justin Forsett, Ravens — Inactive
• QB Jay Cutler, Bears — Inactive
• WR Dez Bryant, Cowboys — Inactive