NFL rumors: Week 5 news on injuries, suspensions, more
The Thursday night game between the San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals wasn't pretty early, with nine straight punts to start the game, but the scoring eventually started. The Cardinals picked up a much needed 33–21 win to improve to 2–3. The 49ers are now 1–4.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• 49ers defensive back Chris Davis was carted to the locker room with a knee injury on Thursday night. He did not return, and it's unclear how severe the injury is.
• Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant is unlikely to play Sunday, reports Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. Bryant will test his knee in practice Friday, but it would be a surprise if he plays against the Cincinnati Bengals.
• New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles called cornerback Darrelle Revis a game-time decision for Sunday. Revis is battling a hamstring injury.
• The Buffalo Bills canceled their workout with running back Karlos Williams, and it's unclear if they will sign him as previously expected. Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News says the odds are 50–50 of Williams coming back.
• The NFL has set up contingency plans for the Panthers-Buccaneers and Dolphins-Titans games this weekend in the event Hurricane Matthew causes problems.
• The Atlanta Falcons have been stripped of their first three days of OTAs next year, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter. The discipline is a result of the Falcons violating off-season contact rules.
• Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown has been hit with a $24,309 fine for his touchdown dance against the Kansas City Chiefs, according to NFL.com.
• Cam Newton is still in concussion protocol, according to NFL.com. Newton plays Monday Night, but if he can't go, the Carolina Panthers will start Derek Anderson at quarterback.