By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Stanley Cup Playoffs continued on Sunday with the St. Louis Blues beating the Dallas Stars 4–3 in overtime to even their series at 1–1. The San Jose Sharks also took a 2–0 lead over the Nashville Predators with a 3–2 win.
The NHL draft lottery also took place over the weekend, where the Toronto Maple Leafs won the No. 1 overall pick.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The NHL announced Washington Capitals defenseman Brooks Orpik has been suspended three games for his hit on Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Olli Maatta.
• Maatta is not expected to play in Monday night's Game 3 with an upper-body injury suffered from Orpik’s hit, reports the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Sam Werner.
• Chat Sports: More NHL news and rumors inside the Chat Sports App
• The Dallas Stars could switch goalies again in Game 3, reports NHL.com’s Steve Hunt.
• St. Louis Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock said the Dallas Stars are better than the Chicago Blackhawks, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jeremy Rutherford.
• The Sharks are helping to find a home for a stray cat that ran onto the ice prior to their Game 1 win, NHL.com reports.
• Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis, Florida Panthers forward Jaromir Jagr and New York Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello have been named the three finalists for the Bill Masterson Memorial Trophy, the NHL announced.
• Chat Sports: The best prospects in the 2016 NHL Draft
• Panthers forward Aleksander Barkov, Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson and Los Angeles Kings forward Anze Kopitar are the three finalists for the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, reports the Associated Press.