Daily Bagel: Madison Keys hires coach Wim Fissette for 2015 season
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Madison Keys has hired Wim Fissette, formerly with Simona Halep, as a co-coach in 2015. Keys' agent Max Eisenbud confirmed the hiring to SI.com. Keys will work with Lindsay Davenport for domestic tournaments and with Fissette internationally. Massive hire for Keys and a huge rubber stamp of her potential that both Fissette and Davenport have signed on with her.
• Andre Agassi was benched in his third IPTL match and he was not happy about it:
“I wasn’t fond of it being so full-on and competitive. Coming back here I’m a bit embarrassed with the way I was not responding to the environment from a playing perspective,” Agassi said, according to Agence France-Presse. “So I would have to make some adjustments and change how much I play so I can flat-out compete and make somebody else look s–tty.”
• Is Roger Federer getting paid $4 million to play a few sets in the IPTL? Mind you, the purse for winning a major is less than $3 million.
• Here's a look at Federer's new "villa". Seriously, didn't know villas could look like that.
• Here is more Gael Monfils ridiculousness from the IPTL:
• The WTA's Fan Favorite awards are in and they may surprise you: Aga Radwanska -- our 2014 Hot Shot Queen -- won WTA Fan Favorite for the fourth straight year. The French Open final won best Slam match and the Serena-Wozniacki semifinal at the WTA Finals won best non-Slam match. The big upset for me was the defeat of Eugenie Bouchard's "Pope Selfie" for Selfie of the Year. How do you beat something with such divine timing:
• Missed this from last month: Do we give enough credit to Roger Federer's new racket? The change has clearly done him good.
• In the kitchen with Grigor Dimitrov:
A photo posted by Grigor Dimitrov (@grigordimitrov) on