Daily Bagel: Bouchard signs up with Serena Williams' management team
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Eugenie Bouchard has finally signed up new management: The 20-year-old has left Lagardere to sign with WME/IMG and will be managed by Serena Williams' agent, Jill Smoller. She also signed on with IMG Models.
• In an unforeseen move, John Isner has hired Justin Gimelstob as his coach for the 2015 season. Gimelstob also serves on the ATP Board and does commentary and broadcasting for Tennis Channel. Said Isner:
"I had a great run with Mike [Sell] and feel I really learned a lot from him throughout the course of our coaching relationship. I just thought it was time to try something new, and with Justin I believe I will have a strong, and passionate new voice on my team.
• Shamil Tarpischev is contemplating a lawsuit after he was suspended and fined by the WTA for his inflammatory comments about Serena and Venus Williams but he has no idea who to sue.
• Checking in on Jeff Sackman's Match Charting Project a year later, which is trying to build a fan-driven statistical database.
• Just because: Here's a video tribute to Ernests Gulbis.
• We made our own, but here's the WTA's compilation of Agnieszka Radwanska hot shots: