Michigan coach Brady Hoke said at a press conference Monday that he hasn't discussed his job status with any superiors this season and that it's a topic for the offseason.
Hoke has come under fire for Michigan's poor performance on the field this year as well as several incidents not related to Michigan's play.
The Wolverines are now 3-5 this season after getting blown out by instate rival Michigan State 35-11 on Saturday. It was Michigan's second straight loss in the rivalry and sixth in the teams' past seven games.
After going 11-2 in Hoke's first season as head coach in 2011, Michigan won just eight games in 2012 and seven last season.
Hoke apologized Sunday for an incident that saw Michigan players plant a tent stake on the field at Spartan Stadium before the game Saturday. He faced more severe criticism for the Shane Morris concussion controversy, in which the sophomore quarterback was allowed to stay in and then later re-enter the Wolverines' Sept. 27 game against Minnesota despite later being found to have had a concussion.
Michigan president Mark Schlissel recently said he was disappointed in the way the athletic department and football program handled the Morris situation and that he's reviewing both the specific incident and the athletic department's policies in general.
Athletic director Dave Brandon has also faced scrutiny over his job, including a student-created petition and a rally on campus that both called for his firing, over his role in the Morris incident and what some perceive as overly commercial athletic department policies. It was announced last week student ticket prices were being reduced by 37 percent for the 2015 season.
Michigan has seen two 2015 recruits decommit in the past month, including four-star cornerback Garrett Taylor on Monday, and others have said they're now considering other schools due to Hoke's uncertain future.
Michigan hosts Indiana this Saturday.
- Ben Estes