What will Tim Tebow say at the Republican National Convention?
After striking out on Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Ditka, the Republican National Convention finally scored its sports celebrity speaker: Tim Tebow.
That’s right, the NFL flameout and Heisman winner will be giving a speech at the RNC, which has become a no-fly zone for some Republicans who refuse to support Donald Trump.
Tebow has said in the past he could see himself pursuing a future in politics, and this looks like his first foray into that world. What might Tebow talk about during the convention? Here’s what we think he could say:
- “We need to keep tax rates as low as my completion rate.”
- “I know how you guys feel. I also lost my job during the Obama administration.”
- “Quarterback lives matter.”
- “I only go left when I throw footballs.”
- “I’d say we need to keep our borders secure but I’m still hoping for a shot in the CFL.”
- “I soured on trade deals after I ended up on the Jets.”
- “I know a thing or two about winning in Florida. You’re on your own in New York, though.”
- “At least I lasted longer than Manziel.”
- “I know you guys are crazy about LeBron, but always remember Jesus Christ is the real savior.”
- “We will end the War on Christmas.”