SI.com has compiled its favorite minor league theme nights of the 2016 season.
Whether paying tribute to vegetables (Asparagus Night in Stockton) or classic American movies (Top Gun Night in Lehigh Valley), minor league theme nights have covered just about every inch of pop culture. We've compiled what we consider the 20 best of the 2016 season. Enjoy!
20. Space Jam Night, Charlotte Knights
Muggsy Bogues may be the shortest (5-foot-3) NBA player of all time but he's also one of the most popular. This may be due to his scrappy style of play and never-give-up attitude, but it also has something to do with his appearance in Space Jam. Bogues will return to Charlotte later this month for Space Jam Night, where he'll sign autographs and try to recover his hoops skills from the villainous Monstars.
19. Alpaca Racing Night, Harrisburg SenatorsWho needs racing presidents when you have racing alpacas? That's what the Harrisburg Senators were thinking when they came up with this masterpiece. In addition to the alpaca obstacle course, there will be a petting zoo and pregame alpaca parade. And if you're wondering, an alpaca is a "domesticated species of South American camel that resembles a small llama in appearance.
18. Vince Carter Night, Daytona Tortugas
Vince Carter is the second most important person from Daytona Beach (Bob Ross is first), so it only makes sense for him to be honored in his hometown. A $12 purchase includes a ticket to the game, all-you-can-eat food and the opportunity to meet Vince Carter. I dare anyone to find a better value for a live sporting event.
17. Ghostbusters Night, Birmingham Barons
Who you going to call? The Barons (and several other minor league teams). Ghostbusters went through a renaissance this summer, headlined by a somewhat successful remake starring Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones, plus a bunch of minor league teams throwing Ghostbusters Theme Nights. We went with Birmingham because the Barons have our favorite uniforms among the group.
16. Glenn Hubbard Snake Night, Lexington Legendsbaseball cards.
15. Top Gun Tribute Night, Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs. Unfortunately, Cruise did not make an appearance.
14. KISS Night, El Paso ChihuahuasIn an attempt to stick out their epic Chihuahua's mascot tongue as far as they can, the El Paso Chihuahuas hosted a kiss night with Kiss-themed jerseys featuring the infamous tongue on their oh so infamous dog logo. And if KISS isn't your jam, the team will host a Gabriel Iglesias Night at the end of this month.
13. Field of Dreams Night, Portland Sea Dogsto Know Night in July, the first theme night dedicated to stopping knee pain!
12. Jennifer Appreciation Night/Ginger Night, Bowie Baysox
The Baysox threw two great promotions into one weekend series, so we decided to combine two great promotions into one blurb. Whether you're on Team Aniston, Lopez, Lawrence or Garner, there's a Jennifer for you that deserves celebrating. As for Ginger Night, it's good to see the Baysox stand up to the redhead hatred in the world. We're not sure if any redheads named Jennifer made an appearance.