Traina Thoughts: The Rock hilariously spoofs famous movie characters
The best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina
1. GQ released a big feature on Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson today. The magazine pushes the notion that The People's Champion can one day become President. They also had The Rock imagine what it would look like if he starred in famous movie sequels, including Goodfellas, Home Alone and Napoleon Dynamite. The final product, as you can see above, was tremendous.
2. Amazon has released the trailer for the second season of All or Nothing, which is basically Hard Knocks, but instead of covering the team in preseason, the show covers them during the regular season. After featuring the Cardinals last year, the new season covers the Rams' rocky season. You wouldn't think something featuring the Rams would be worth watching, but the trailer proves otherwise. The moment Jeff Fisher tells his players that he's been fired looks to be must-see TV.
3. The Dodgers 4-3 walkoff win against the Pirates last night resulted in this awesome photo of outfielder Joc Pederson getting his face smashed in during the celebration.
4. Former radio host, Danny Kanell, who was part of ESPN's massive layoffs a couple of weeks ago, shared this brutally honest letter about his family's future from his daughter.
5. Craig Sager won a Sports Emmy last night for Outstanding Sports Personality - Sports Reporter. The TNT studio hosts honored him in a classy way.
6. If you're an NFL player talking about weed on Twitter, the league WILL drug test you immediately, as Bears offensive lineman Kyle Long just found out.
7. LSU head football coach, Ed Orgeron, has a disturbing energy drink habit.
8. In yesterday's Traina Thoughts, I gave you five sports shows that should come back to TV. You guys weighed in on Twitter with some other suggestions, with my favorite being the first one listed here:
9: Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert reunited on last night's Late Show, with Stewart scolding Colber for his potty mouth.