You have to see these Blake Bortles' throws to believe them.
The best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts. And check Jimmy Traina's weekly podcast, "Off The Board," on iTunes, SoundCloud and Stitcher.
1. Every day -- hell, every hour -- there's a new target of Twitter's ire. Today, that individual is Blake Bortles. The Jaguars quarterback had a very rough exhibition game against the Buccaneers. And by "rough," we mean, HOLY COW, WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING?!?
Of course, there was no sympathy on Twitter.
My Twitter timeline:— Grant G (@KingofMock) August 18, 2017
The President is a racist
&@$# Neo Nazis
Russia owns Trump
Nuclear war imminent
Blake Bortles can't hold a football
Now I see why Blake Bortles football jerseys were at Men's Wearhouse for $5— Purvis (PJ) Young Jr. (@youngpl1) August 18, 2017
As for that last tweet, there were a lot of people wondering why the Jaguars wouldn't bring in Colin Kaepernick. I don't want go get into a whole Kaepernick thing right now, but I'll just say this: The Giants cited fan backlash for not bringing in Kaep (even though their owner actually said this about kicker Josh Brown: "He certainly admitted to us that he abused his wife in the past. What’s a little unclear is the extent of that.”) The Jaguars can't use fan backlash as an excuse here since they have about four fans.
2. Even if you're a Yankees hater, you still may appreciate this tweet the team's Twitter account out after the Bronx Bombers completed a four-game sweep against the Mets.
That had to be especially painful for Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard, who appeared in the HBO smash hit and also said before the season that the Mets (53-66) had taken over New York from the Yankees (65-55). Oops.
3. Pat Angerer was a linebacker with the Colts from 2010 to 2013. He sent a very good tweet yesterday about Hard Knocks showing Roberto Aguayo's release from the Bucs.
4. Sometimes a one-word answer is all that's needed when someone asks you a question. This was proven by Cardinals coach Bruce Arians yesterday.
"Nothing."— Bo Brack (@BoBrack) August 17, 2017
-Bruce Arians on what he liked about his temporary vegan diet
Arians, who was put on the diet for health reasons, admitted that he did "sneak out once" for his favorite vegetable dish: brussels sprouts. You may be thinking that's no so bad, but Arians confessed they were covered in bacon and butter.
5. Browns offensive lineman Joe Thomas tried to name all of the quarterbacks he's protected during his career in Cleveland. It was a struggle.
6. If you read one thing today, it should be this piece on a 91-year-old Indians fan who still buys season tickets for him and his wife, who passed away 19 years ago.
7. In honor of SummerSlam this Sunday (check out this thorough preview by SI.com's Justin Barrasso) WWE Superstar, Roman Reigns, joined this week's Off The Board podcast. You can get a full recap of the interview here, including quotes from Reigns breaking down his famous post-WrestleMania promo from this year. Listen below or download the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud or Stitcher.
8. RANDOM WRESTLING VIDEO OF THE DAY: Ric Flair returned to the WWE in 2001 and the interaction between him and Vince McMahon was downright phenomenal.