Christian McCaffrey became just the fourth running back in NFL history to catch 100 passes in a single season. Combine that with his 1,387 yards on the ground, 1,005 receiving yards, and 19 touchdowns and it’s clear why so many fantasy football players are taking the Panthers running back with the first overall pick in 2020. Heading into 2020, McCaffrey has a new quarterback, head coach, and offensive coordinator, add in his 403 touches from a year ago and it is somewhat reasonable to at least consider another player with the top pick. Sports Illustrated’s fantasy football analyst Ben Heisler and GiantsCountry’s Patricia Traina discuss why taking Saquon Barkley with the No. 1 overall pick makes just as much sense as taking McCaffrey.
MORE FROM SI FANTASY
- Latest Dynasty Rankings
- Late Round-Flier: Justin Jackson
- Has D.J. Chark's Draft Value Jumped the Shark?
- Mid-Round Steal: Hayden Hurst
- Target Philip Rivers: Dirt-Cheap Backup
- Late-Round Flier: Preston Williams
- How Many Rushing Yards Will Melvin Gordon Have?
- Tennessee Titans Team Outlook
- Are You Going Back to the Well for James Conner?
- Browns WR Odell Beckham Will Reignite His Fantasy Dominance