The 149th British Open at Royal St. George's should be a fun viewing week, as the course is set up to create random moments of both good and bad luck. What types of players can hold it together to play through adversity? Who will capitalize on good luck when it strikes?
To break down the final major of the year, Rotowire's Jeff Erickson and Scott Jenstad join Morning Read's Jeff Ritter for another edition of the Gaming Golf Podcast. Among the favorites, Jenstad likes Patrick Cantlay, Xander Schauffele and Collin Morikawa, while Ritter is on Brooks Koepka and Jordan Spieth. Jenstad warns that Spieth will be a very popular play in daily fantasy lineups, but Ritter is unmoved, and will continue to plug Spieth into lineups.
In the middle tier of players, Jenstad likes Christiaan Bezuidenhout, Branden Grace and Daniel Berger. Ritter leans Joaquin Niemann, Rickie Fowler and, for a sentimental pick, Lee Westwood. All of the hosts also like Abraham Ancer as a value play this week.
But there can only be one winner, so here is who the hosts are taking in one-and-done pools:
Ritter: Brooks Koepka
Jenstad: Patrick Cantlay
Erickson: Brooks Koepka
Watch the video at the top of this article, or hit the play button above to listen. Look for more new episodes of Gaming Golf coming soon to the Morning Read Podcast Network.
More Morning Read Coverage of 2021 British Open:
- Did DeChambeau and Spieth Receive a Lucky Draw?
- Unfazed Bryson DeChambeau Turns Page on Caddie Saga
- Bettors' Roundtable: Favorites, Sleepers, Best Bets from Pool of Experts
- No Course Embraces Quirks Quite Like Royal St. George's'
- Shane Lowry Can Make Rare History This Week
- The Perfect Venue to Cap 2021 Major Season? It's Royal St. George's
- Americans Need to Man Up an Deal With British Open Travel Protocols
- Elements of Style: What Pros Will Wear This Week at British Open
- Gary Player Says St. George's is Easiest of Open Venues