BALTIMORE (AP) A look at the field for the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course on Saturday (horses listed by post position, with trainer, jockey, analysis, morning-line odds):
1. CHERRY WINE (Dale Romans, Corey Lanerie): Romans earned first Classic win with Shackleford in 2011 Preakness ... could add another if late-running colt gets a quick enough pace to launch a closing bid ... a Derby also eligible who did not make the 20-horse field. ... Odds: 20-1.
2. UNCLE LINO (Gary Sherlock, Fernando Perez): California colt has been off the board only once in seven starts ... if you think West Coast horses are as superior to their East Coast counterparts this year, you may want use this son of Uncle Mo in one of you exotic wagers. ... Odds: 20-1.
3. NYQUIST (Doug O'Neill, Mario Gutierrez): Undefeated Kentucky Derby winner won Florida Derby over wet track ... hasn't set a foot wrong yet, and it would take a top effort by one of the new shooters to stop him ... he's nimble, fast and versatile, and should be on or near the lead .... what's not to like, other than the price? ... Odds: 3-5.
4. AWESOME SPEED (Alan Goldberg, Jevian Toledo): Got his second stakes win via disqualification in Federico Tesio ... big step up here but has services of hot 21-year-old Maryland jockey. Odds: 30-1.
5. EXAGGERTOR (Keith Desormeaux, Kent Desormeaux): Seems to have bounced back from fourth career loss to Nyquist in good form ... can rain move up this late-running colt more than 1 1/4 lengths from his runner-up finish in the Derby? ... Odds: 3-1.
6. LANI (Mikio Matsunaga, Yutaka Take): Japanese connections have taken unusual training route with this often-flighty colt ... he seemed settled while training at Belmont and does have a win in the UAE Derbys ... if he breaks alertly the gray son of Tapit could be a factor ... Odds: 30-1.
7. COLLECTED (Bob Baffert, Javier Castellano): Baffert is going for record-tying seventh Preakness win with this steadily improving colt ... watch for him to be up close with Nyquist in the front end, and it wouldn't be a shocker to see him get a piece of purse ... Odds: 10-1.
8. LAOBAN (Eric Guillot, Florent Geroux): Hasn't won yet ... won't win Saturday, although you may see him at the front of the pack early on ... Odds: 30-1.
9. ABIDING STAR (Ned Allard, J.D. Acosta): Knows how to win ... shooting for sixth straight, but has yet to face this type of competition. ... Odds: 30-1.
10. FELLOWSHIP (Mark Casse, Jose Lezcano): Made presence felt on Derby trail this spring in Florida, including third to Nyquist in the Florida Derby ... hasn't notched a single win in four other starts this year facing lesser competition. Odds: 30-1.
11. STRADIVARI (Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez): Eye-catching winner of an allowance race at Keeneland ... has been training lights out at Belmont ... reminds some of lightly raced Bernardini, the 2006 Preakness winner ... has blown away last two fields by nearly 26 lengths ... Odds: 8-1.