Catch up on the latest rumors, news and notes as the MLB trade deadline approaches.
Major League Baseball is nearing the trade deadline. Teams have until Monday to either acquire players to boost their rosters for the stretch run or trade away veterans in preparation for the future.
Plenty of big names are expected to be involved in trades, and the transactions have started to come through. One of the biggest trades of this cycle occurred on Sunday morning, when the Indians announced a trade Yankees reliever Andrew Miller. In return, New York received four players, including high-end prospects Clint Frazier and pitcher Justus Sheffield. Earlier in the week, the Cubs dangled their young prospects as bait to acquire flamethrowing pitcher Aroldis Chapman from the Yankees, who have continued to sell as they fall behind in the AL East race.
Some of the more recognizable names rumored to be on the trade block include Carlos Beltran, Jonathan Lucroy and Jay Bruce.
Follow this page to remain up-to-date on the latest rumors from around the league.
Sunday (all times Eastern)
• The Yankees and Pirates are progressing on a trde that would send Nathan Eovaldi to Pittsburgh for a package headed by Steven Brault. (Mike Ortiz, Bleacher Report)
• San Francisco is in pursuit of Rays lefthander Matt Moore. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• The Yankees have not yet found a trade they like, but rivals believe they will deal Carlos Beltran. (Jon Heyman, Today’s Knuckleball)
• It’s doubtful the Diamondbacks and Daniel Hudson reach an extension before the deadline. (Chris Cotillo, SB Nation)
• Wade Miley is going to the Orioles, pending a physical. (Jon Heyman, Today’s Knuckleball)
• Lefthander Ariel Miranda will go to Seattle. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• Toronto is still in play for Phillies starter Jeremy Hellickson. (Chris Cotillo, SB Nation)
• Boston’s asking price for Clay Buchholz is too high for the Marlins’ liking. (Jon Heyman, Today’s Knuckleball)
• The A’s and southpaw Rich Hill, who is still being shopped, are discussing a contract extension. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• Rangers youngster Joey Gallo is “likely” involved in trade discussions with the Brewers regarding Jonathan Lucroy. (TR Sullivan, MLB.com)
• Baltimore is inquiring about Mariners pitcher Wade Miley. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• The Dodgers are still trying to move outfielder Yasiel Puig. (Jon Heyman, Today’s Knuckleball)
• Some teams would like the Yankees to pay some of Carlos Beltran’s contract int he event of a trade. New York hasn’t seen anything “that interesting.” (Jon Heyman, Today’s Knuckleball)
• The Braves insist they will not trade Julio Teheran. (Jon Morosi, Fox Sports)
• Echoing an earlier report, the Mets are no longer in the running for Jonathan Lucroy. (Jon Heyman, Today’s Knuckleball)
• The back-end of the Padres’ bullpen is drawing interest around the league, but due to the valuable contracts the arms are signed to, the asking price is high. (AJ Cassavell, MLB.com)
• Reds outfielder Jay Bruce is a healthy scratch today. There is no trade yet, with eight teams interested. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• Milwaukee and Texas are in “serious” discussions over Lucroy. (Jeff Wilson, Fort Worth Star-Telegram)
• The Diamondbacks are receiving “a ton” of interest in 25-year-old southpaw Patrick Corbin. (Nick Piecoro, Arizona Republic)
• Padres catcher Derek Norris is drawing interest from the Rangers, Astros and Brewers. (Jon Heyman, Today’s Knuckleball)
• The Rockies won’t move Carlos Gonzalez or Charlie Blackmon. (Jon Heyman, Today’s Knuckleball)
• Texas is strongly in the mix for Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• The Dodgers, Blue Jays, Rangers, Astros and Pirates have discussed starter Rich Hill with the Athletics. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• Los Angeles is also pursuing Rays pitcher Chris Archer, among multiple other targets. The Rays believe the Dodgers are among four teams who have the talent that would be needed to land Archer. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• The Mets think they are out of the running for Jay Bruce and Jonathan Lucroy. (Mike Puma, New York Post)
• Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy exercised his no-trade clause to veto a trade to the Indians. (Jeff Passan, Yahoo Sports)
• Yankees pitcher Andrew Miller was traded to the Indians for prospects.
• Arizona traded reliever Tyler Clippard to the Yankees in exchange for minor-leaguer Vicente Campos.
• The White Sox have traded pitcher Zach Duke to the Cardinals in exchange for outfielder Charlie Tilson.