Which contending teams will shake up their roster and make a deal before the trade deadline?
Over the next three weeks, teams that are out of contention for playoff spots will be looking toward the future.
Many of them will listen to offers from contending teams in the months ahead of a deep playoff runs, and solidify their spot in the standings before the non-waiver Trade deadline on July 31.
Among the names that have been mentioned in trade rumors include Baltimore Orioles shortstop Manny Machado. The Orioles have baseball's worst record and could be looking to be sellers during the trade period.
Here are the latest news and rumors from around the league:
• The Phillies are still talking with the Orioles about a potential Manny Machado trade, but the Diamondbacks, Dodgers and Brewers are still considered as the teams with the best offers on the table. (Jim Bowden, The Athletic)
• The Orioles are willing to deal Manny Machado to the Yankees for LHP prospect Justus Sheffield but there is skepticism New York would trade Sheffield for a rental. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• The Orioles are interested in getting LHP prospect Justus Sheffield and third basemen Brandon Drury from the Yankees and New York would also like to get left-handed reliever Zack Britton from Baltimore, so a potential Manny Machado trade could involve a lot of pieces from both teams. (Andy Martino, SNY)
• The Red Sox have been in contact with Baltimore about Machado. (Peter Schmuck, Baltimore Sun)
• The Yankees view Blue Jays starter J.A Happ a "realistic" rotation option over Mets pitchers Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• The Brewers and the Cubs could have interest in Marlins outfielder Derek Dietrich. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)