The days before the trade deadline have already proved to be chock full of blockbuster deals, headlined by the Nationals reportedly sending Max Scherzer and Trea Turner to the Dodgers for four prospects. And the big-name clubs might not be done adding before Friday’s deadline.
The Yankees, who have already landed Anthony Rizzo from the Cubs, are among the teams reportedly interested in Rockies shortstop Trevor Story, according to MLB Network's Jon Morosi. The Giants have also shown interest in Story, potentially creating a bidding war between a pair of big-market clubs.
Story, 28, has struggled in 2021 compared to his usual standards, entering Thursday with a .741 OPS. But perhaps he’ll become one of baseball’s best shortstops once again upon landing in a new location. Story is a two-time All-Star, tallying 112 home runs from '17–19. He could very well swing the pennant race upon leaving Colorado ahead of the '21 postseason.
Stay up to date with all the latest MLB rumors below:
- The Mariners are finalizing a deal to acquire reliever Diego Castillo from the Rays, with hopes he'll effectively replace the recently traded Kendall Graveman in Seattle's bullpen. (Jeff Passan, ESPN)
- The Padres, Blue Jays, Dodgers, Rays and Yankees have all shown interest in Twins starting pitcher José Berríos. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
- Yankees first baseman Luke Voit has drawn interest from teams in trade discussions ahead of the deadline. (Jack Curry, YES Network)
- The Blue Jays have acquired Nationals reliever Brad Hand for Triple A catcher Riley Adams. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
- The White Sox agreed to a trade for Cleveland second baseman César Hernández. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
- Trade offers regarding Twins SP José Berrios "have spiked" ahead of Friday's trade deadline. (Phill Miller, Minneapolis's Star-Tribune)
- Dodgers reliever Brusdar Graterol is drawing interest from opposing teams. (Jeff Passan, ESPN)
- The Giants, Padres and Phillies are among the teams interested in Rockies pitcher Jon Gray. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
- The Padres are close to acquiring relief pitcher Daniel Hudson in a trade with the Nationals. (Robert Murray, FanSided)
More MLB Coverage: