Play-by-play announcer Thom Brennaman says he is resigning from being the voice of the Reds. Brennaman has been suspended since mid-August when he was caught on a hot mic using a homophobic slur during a Reds doubleheader vs the Royals. Realizing the mistake, Brennaman issued an apology which included a call of a Nick Castellanos home run in the midst of it, followed by him saying "I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this headset again."
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Revisiting Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes as Draft Prospects Before Their MNF Showdown
- College Football Expert Picks: SEC Kickoff Adds Jolt to Weekend
- Israel Adesanya and Paulo Costa Put Undefeated Streaks on the Line at UFC 253
- Is Anthony Davis LeBron James’s Best Teammate Ever?
- Raised at the Track, John Hunter Nemechek is Carrying on His Family’s Legacy
- Inside Eric Orze's Resilient Journey to the Mets
- Tony Romo Roasts Stephen Colbert During Hilarious 'Late Show' Appearance: TRAINA THOUGHTS