Nate Diaz still wants to fight Conor McGregor, UFC making other plans
Nate Diaz still wants to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 200 or may go on vacation, he told reporters at Friday's press conference.
"I came to fight Conor McGregor and I don't have too much interest in anyone else,” Diaz said.
“I'm training to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 200," he added.
UFC president Dana White said that the plan is to find another matchup for Diaz. "Everybody knows what's been going on with the main event for UFC 200," White said. "Nate Diaz will fight, and we're gonna find him a new opponent."
White added that every opportunity was presented to McGregor to be present at the press conference to promote the fight. McGregor responded on Twitter.
Everyone flew in. Respect.— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 22, 2016
But not everyone up there made the company 400million in 8 months.
When told that McGregor was watching and tweeted, Diaz said, “Conor got his ass beat.”
McGregor was initially scheduled to fight Nate Diaz at UFC 200 on July 9, a rematch of his loss at UFC 196 earlier this year.
McGregor fired away a cryptic tweet on Tuesday, in which he stated “I have decided to retire young.” After the tweet was sent, White announced McGregor would be pulled from his UFC 200 fight for failing to appear at a press conference and not promoting the fight.
White says that McGregor and Diaz were slated to film a commercial but McGregor never flew in for the shoot. No filming has taken place with Diaz yet.
On Thursday, McGregor announced that he has not retired and never actually considered stepping away from the ring.
The other fights on the card for UFC 200 are below:
Aldo vs. Edgar
Tate vs. Nunes
Velasquez vs. Browne
Hendricks vs. Gaselum
Mousasi vs. Brunson
Sanchez vs. Lauzon
Northcutt vs. Marin
Miller vs. Gomi
Zingano vs. Pena