Despite UFC president Dana White's plans to the contrary, Nate Diaz is hoping that the rivalry between him and Conor McGregor will become a trilogy.
Despite UFC president Dana White making it clear that he plans on having Conor McGregor go back to defending his featherweight belt, Nate Diaz is hoping that the rivalry between the two will become a trilogy.
After defeating McGregor by submission in their first fight, Diaz came up on the short end of a majority decision after a battle at UFC 202.
On Tuesday, Diaz directed an Instagram post at McGregor to say that he still plans for a third fight to happen.
“By this time last fight I had already accepted (the) rematch.. Rest up, I’m coming for you,” he wrote.
McGregor has also indicted that he would be interested in fighting Diaz again.
After the second fight, White acknowledged the success of the rivalry, but said McGregor needs to fight interim featherweight champ Jose Aldo or give up his title.
“The war was fun and super successful but I’m movin’ on,” White said.