Bubba Wallace is set to drive for new Nascar owners Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin in 2021.
Basketball Hall of Famer, Michael Jordan, purchased a NASCAR Cup Series Charter and has asked Bubba Wallace to be the driver. Also announced on Monday was that Denny Hamlin would be the minority of the team.
Jordan and Hamlin are close friends and have been long connected to Jordan’s Brand. As the two start a new adventure, Bubba Wallace has found a new home. He announced earlier this month that he would not return to Richard Petty Motorsports.
Wallace is set to drive for the pairs car named ‘His Airness’ when the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series season begins.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Reggie Miller and Chris Webber Preview the X-Factors of the Western Conference Finals
- Wade Barrett Signs With WWE as Part of the NXT Broadcast Team
- Messi Scores Pair of Goals in Barcelona's Preseason Friendly vs. Girona
- Mickie James Seeks Seventh WWE Title in Championship Program With Asuka
- Gareth Bale's Agent Confirms Talks Over Possible Tottenham Return From Real Madrid
- Ten Things We Learned From the Big Ten's Reversal on Playing a Fall Season
- Daniel Cormier Would Relish WWE Commentary Role: ‘I Would Love That, and I Wouldn’t Be Faking It’
- Mailbag: How Does the Big Ten's Return Affect the NFL Draft?