Check out the latest NBA news as training camp gets underway.
The 2015-16 NBA season is approaching, and most of the league unofficially kicked off their seasons with media days on Monday. With less than four weeks until the season opener, teams are looking to put the finishing touches on their rosters during training camp and preseason.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Cleveland Cavaliers forward Tristan Thompson did not sign the qualifying offer extended to him by the Cavaliers by the 11:59 p.m. ET deadline on Thursday, reports ESPN’s Dave McMenamin. Thompson will become a free agent in July 2016.
• The Bucks agreed to a four-year, $44 million extension with forward John Henson, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. The 24-year-old is entering his fourth season and averaged seven points per game last season, while finishing fifth in the league with two blocks per game.
• The Warriors have named 35-year-old Luke Walton the team's interim head coach while Steve Kerr is on an indefinite leave of absence to recover from back surgery. Walton, a former assistant coach, served as head coach of the Warriors summer league team.
• Paul George told USA Today that he thinks he is the best player in the NBA today, and has aspirations of being the NBA MVP this season. George missed 76 games last season after injuring his leg in August 2014.
• Lakers rookie and No. 2 draft pick D'Angelo Russell left practice on Thursday with a bruised bone in his right foot. A report from ESPN LA said that he left the floor on Thursday with a noticeable limp.