NBA rumors: Latest news as the 2015-16 season begins
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The start of the NBA season is finally here. Six teams begin their season Tuesday night as the Chicago Bulls host the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Atlanta Hawks host the Detroit Pistons, and the Golden State Warriors host the New Orleans Pelicans.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• LeBron James will play in the Cavs season opener, he confirmed Monday. James missed two weeks of practice earlier in training camp due to lower back pain, but participated in the final two preseason practices.
• Derrick Rose will start for the Chicago Bulls in the team’s opener, reports the Chicago Tribune. Rose is still battling double vision after sustaining a fracture to his left orbital bone, but will reportedly play without official minute restrictions.
• The Pistons have waived forward Danny Granger, reports the Associated Press. Detroit acquired Granger in a trade this offseason, but the team elected to release the veteran before the start of the season. Granger reportedly needs a month of rehab for a foot injury, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
• The Milwaukee Bucks exercised contract options on four players, the team announced. Guard Tyler Ennis and forward Jabari Parker had their third-year options picked up for next season, while forward Giannis Antetokounmpo and guard Michael Carter-Williams had their fourth-year options exercised.
• The Timberwolves have returned to work following the death of coach and president of basketball operations Flip Saunders, reports the Associated Press.