Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NBA.
By Matt Connolly, Chat Sports
The NBA playoffs are heating up with the second round nearing its conclusion. The Cleveland Cavaliers have already advanced to the conference semifinals, while the Golden State Warriors and Oklahoma City Thunder are both within one game of moving on.
The Thunder and San Antonio Spurs played to another controversial finish in Game 5 on Tuesday, as officials appeared to miss another last-second foul call.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Carmelo Anthony approves of David Blatt being the New York Knicks’ next head coach, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.
• Sacramento Kings All-Star big man DeMarcus Cousins will not be traded this year, said general manager Vlade Divac.
• Dwight Howard said he has not decided whether or not he will opt out of his one-year player option with the Houston Rockets.
• After weeks of trade rumors surrounding the Chicago Bulls and Jimmy Butler, the All-Star shooting guard will be the team's representative at the May 17 NBA Draft Lottery.
• Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra has denied the ESPN report that there is tension between starting guards Dwyane Wade and Goran Dragic.
• Free agent swingman Kent Bazemore says he “would love to return” to the Atlanta Hawks, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
• The Houston Rockets have interviewed former Jazz coach Jeff Hornacek and TNT analyst Kenny Smith for the open head-coaching position, ESPN reports.