NBA rumors: Latest news during the playoffs on injuries, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Oklahoma City Thunder won Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals on Monday night, defeating the Golden State Warriors, 108–102. The Eastern Conference Finals get underway on Tuesday night, as the Cleveland Cavaliers host the Toronto Raptors.
Check out all the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Portland Trail Blazers head coach Terry Stotts signed a three-year extension with the team, reports The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
• The Indiana Pacers announced they have hired Nate McMillan to be their head coach.
• Raptors center Jonas Valanciunas will miss Game 1 against the Cavs as he recovers from an ankle injury, head coach Dwane Casey told reporters.
• The New York Knicks interviewed former Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek for their vacant coaching position, reports the New York Daily News’ Frank Isola.
• Knicks president Phil Jackson is pushing to keep interim head coach Kurt Rambis on staff, even if someone else is hired for the permanent job, reports ESPN’s Marc Stein.
• TNT analyst Kenny Smith is “no longer in the running” for the Houston Rockets’ head coaching job, reports FOX 26’s Marc Berman.
• The Philadelphia 76ers became the first major U.S. sports team to sell a jersey advertisement, reports ESPN’s Darren Rovell. They reached a three-year agreement with StubHub.