Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NBA.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Cleveland Cavaliers won Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals, defeating the Toronto Raptors 115–84 on Tuesday night. The Western Conference Finals resume on Wednesday night, as the Golden State Warriors try to even the series against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The biggest news of the day came from the Philadelphia 76ers, who were awarded the No. 1 overall pick in the NBA draft after winning the lottery. The Los Angeles Lakers will pick second and the Boston Celtics pick third.
Check out all the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Philadelphia is “highly unlikely” to trade the No. 1 pick, reports CSN Philly’s Jessica Camerato.
• Mike D’Antoni will have a second interview with the Houston Rockets and is the leading candidate to become the team’s head coach, reports ESPN’s Marc Stein and Calvin Watkins.
• Raptors guard Kyle Lowry said he didn’t mean to disrespect LeBron James when he called him “probably one of the best players in the world...besides Steph,” reports ESPN’s Mike Mazzeo.
• Celtics forward Kelly Olynyk underwent shoulder surgery on Tuesday, the team announced.
• The Orlando Magic interviewed former Pacers head coach Frank Vogel for their vacant coaching position, reports The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
• Orlando also interviewed team assistant coach Adrian Griffin for the head coaching job, reports the Orlando Sentinel’s Josh Robbins.
• Miami Heat assistant coach David Fizdale interviewed for the vacant Memphis Grizzlies coaching job, reports The Undefeated’s Marc J. Spears.