Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NBA.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Golden State Warriors evened their series with the Oklahoma City Thunder with a 118–91 win in Game 2 on Wednesday night. The Toronto Raptors will look to do the same against the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Thursday. The biggest news of Wednesday came from the New York Knicks, who will hire Jeff Hornacek to be their next head coach.
Check out all the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Philadelphia 76ers are “heavily learning” toward taking Ben Simmons with the top pick in the NBA draft, reports Bleacher Report’s Kevin Ding.
• Frank Vogel is expected to be named as head coach of the Orlando Magic, reports the Orlando Sentinel’s Josh Robbins.
• Mike D’Antoni is the favorite to land the Houston Rockets’ head coaching job, reports the Houston Chronicle’s Jonathan Feigen.
• Stephen Curry’s swollen elbow isn’t a concern for the Warriors, and he may get it drained if the swelling doesn’t go down in the next 48 hours, reports ESPN’s Tim MacMahon.
• The Boston Celtics will include the No. 3 pick in a package to try and trade for Chicago’s Jimmy Butler, Sacramento’s DeMarcus Cousins, or Indiana’s Paul George, reports The Vertical’s Chris Mannix.
• Miami Heat president Pat Riley said that re-signing center Hassan Whiteside is the team’s top priority this off-season, reports CBS Sports’ James Herbert.
• San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili has not ruled out returning for next season even if Tim Duncan retires, reports the San Antonio Express-News’ Tom Orsborn.