Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NBA.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
Friday is an off-day for the NBA playoffs, after the Cleveland Cavaliers took a 2–0 series lead over the Toronto Raptors in a 108–89 win Thursday night. However, there’s still plenty of buzz surrounding the teams out of the playoffs.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Miami Heat president Pat Riley told the Miami Herald the team will “do everything [it] can do to keep” forward Luol Deng. However, cap constraints could make that a challenge.
• The Orlando Magic have won the Frank Vogel sweepstakes. The Orlando Sentinel reports the Magic have agreed to a deal with Vogel, beating out the Memphis Grizzlies to make him their new head coach.
• The Milwaukee Bucks revealed Thursday that they’ve been the victims of a scam that resulted in the release of their employees’ (including players) tax information to someone impersonating the team president. The FBI and IRS are investigating the incident.
• Croatian forward Dragan Bender is in the mix to be a top-three selection in the NBA draft, reports Bleacher Report. The 7'1" Bender is just 18 years old.
• HBO’s Bill Simmons told the Toucher & Rich show that he believes the Celtics will move the No. 3 overall pick to the 76ers in exchange for Jahlil Okafor.
• The NBA announced its All-Rookie team Thursday. The Timberwolves’ Karl-Anthony Towns, the Knicks’ Kristaps Porzingis, the Suns’ Devin Booker, the 76ers’ Jahlil Okafor and the Nuggets’ Nikola Jokic made up the first team.