Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NBA.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Oklahoma City Thunder took a 3–1 series lead over the Warriors with a 118–94 win on Tuesday night, marking the first time Golden State has lost back-to-back games all season. In the Eastern Conference Finals, the Toronto Raptors are looking to win their third straight game over the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 5 on Wednesday night.
Wednesday is also the deadline for early entrants to withdraw from the NBA draft and return to school, leading to plenty of buzz related to the league.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Cavs forward Kevin Love will play in Game 5 after suffering a knee injury in their Game 4 loss, reports ESPN’s Ohm Youngmisuk.
• Miami Heat assistant coach David Fizdale is the frontrunner for the Memphis Grizzlies’ head coaching job, reports ESPN’s Marc Stein.
• The Toronto Raptors are trying to trade the No. 9 pick in the draft, reports the Toronto Star’s Doug Smith.
• The Boston Celtics will try to acquire a rim protector this off-season, team president Danny Ainge told CBS Boston.
• Providence point guard Kris Dunn appears to be trying to ensure he is available to the New Orleans Pelicans with the No. 6 pick, reports NOLA.com’s John Reid.
• Seton Hall point guard Isaiah Whitehead will remain in the NBA Draft, reports The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski. He is projected to be a late first- or early second-round pick.
• TNT sideline reporter Craig Sager will receive the Jimmy V Award at the ESPYs in July, ESPN announced.