Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NBA.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The Oklahoma City Thunder visit the Golden State Warriors tonight, up 3–1 in the series. A win for the Thunder will send them to the NBA Finals to face the winner of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors series. The Cavs went up 3–2 in the series with a blowout win on Wednesday night. For the rest of the NBA teams out of the playoffs, the focus is on the off-season.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Memphis Grizzlies have offered their head coaching job to Miami Heat assistant Dave Fizdale, reports Adrain Wojnarowski of The Vertical. The two sides are now working through contract negotiations.
• Fizdale’s hire leaves the Houston Rockets’ head coaching job as the only unfilled position in the NBA. ESPN’s Marc Stein reports Spurs assistant James Borrego interviewed for the job on Wednesday.
• Rockets guard Jason Terry said it’s not a lock that Dwight Howard opts out of his contract, according to Hoops Hype. Terry said Howard won’t be the focal point of the offense, but his return to Houston is dependent on whom the Rockets hire as head coach.
• According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah has told teammates he’s done with the team. Noah’s issues with the Bulls stem from a lack of trust in the front office.
• Pending free agent Bismack Biyombo has played well this postseason for the Toronto Raptors, which could command a deal worth $17 million per year this off-season, Sporting News reports.
• Brian Shaw is heading to Los Angeles. The former Denver Nuggets head coach confirmed that he’ll be an assistant with the Lakers and head coach Luke Walton next year.
• The Boston Celtics hold the No. 3 pick in the NBA draft and could take Croatian forward Dragan Bender with the selection. The Boston Globe reports Bender told the Celtics he would come work out for them.