Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NBA.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Golden State Warriors fought off elimination Thursday night, beating the Oklahoma City Thunder 120–111 in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals. The Cleveland Cavaliers will try to punch their ticket to the Finals on Friday night when they take on the Toronto Raptors in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Mike D’Antoni has agreed to become the head coach of the Houston Rockets, reports The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
• Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard and DeAndre Jordan highlight the three 2015–16 All-NBA teams, the league announced.
• New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis lost $24 million on his contract by not making an All-NBA team, reports the New Orleans Advocate’s Scott Kushner.
• The Orlando Magic are “unlikely” to pursue Dwight Howard in free agency this summer if he opts out of his contract with the Rockets, reports the Orlando Sentinel’s Josh Robbins.
• Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade said he doesn’t “want to be on the market at all” and plans to re-sign with the team as quickly as possible, reports the Palm Beach Post’s Dave George.
• The New York Knicks are targeting center Joakim Noah in free agency, reports Bleacher Report’s Howard Beck.
• The Washington Wizards plan to re-sign shooting guard Bradley Beal this off-season, reports CSN Mid-Atlantic’s J. Michael.
• Wizards forward Markieff Morris was detained at Philadelphia International Airport after what was suspected to be marijuana was found in his bag, reports CSNPhilly.com’s John Gonzalez.
• Kentucky point guard Tyler Ulis could drop out of the first round in the draft, reports NBADraft.net.