Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NBA.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Game 3 of the NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers is Wednesday, as the Warriors look to take a commanding 3–0 series lead.
Meanwhile, the rest of the league is focusing their attention on the NBA draft, which is in two weeks, as well as the start of free agency, which begins on July 1.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Cavaliers forward Kevin Love will miss Game 3 of the NBA Finals, the team announced Wednesday.
• Charlotte Hornets point guard Jeremy Lin will decline his player option and become a free agent this off-season, reports Cleveland.com’s Chris Haynes.
• The New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets are both “aggressively” trying to acquire a pick in the draft, reports Basketball Insiders’ Alex Kennedy.
• Maccabi Tel Aviv power forward Dragan Bender, a projected top five pick, could fall out of the lottery on draft night, reports Basketball Insiders’ Steve Kyler.
• Projected No. 1 pick Ben Simmons announced on “Uninterrupted” that he has signed with Nike over Adidas.
• The National Basketball Referees Association is calling on the league to stop publishing the Last Two-Minute Reports because they “cause more harm than good” for the officials, reports USA Today’s Jeff Zillgitt.
• Former NBA center and Philadelphia 76ers assistant coach Sean Rooks died Tuesday after suffering a fatal heart attack, reports ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.