All the latest news and rumors as the 2016 NBA draft moves closer.
The NBA draft is less than two weeks away, and the rumor mill has begun to heat up. With the pool of eligible players set, teams continue to conduct workouts and do their diligence evaluating prospects and preparing for the big night. The NBA Finals are in full swing, but draft prep is still moving along behind the scenes.
Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram remain locked in as consensus top two selections, but beyond that, there’s plenty of room for chaos. Teams are trying to move up, and in some cases, into the draft, period.
Who’s rising? Who’s falling? Who wants to make a deal?
Keep tabs on this page for the latest news and rumors.
Friday, June 10
• Sharpshooting guard Buddy Hield will work out with the Lakers on June 18, reports the L.A. Times' Brad Turner.
• The Memphis Grizzlies will work out forwards Ben Bentil and Brice Johnson and guards Malachi Richardson, Wayne Selden, Gary Payton II and Isaiah Cousins on Sunday, reports Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders.
• The Orlando Magic worked out forwards Diamond Stone and Ben Bentil and guard Quenton DeCosey on Friday, and will work out guard Malachi Richardson on Saturday, reports Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders.
• Ingram has a private workout and meeting scheduled with the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday, reports The Vertical’s Shams Charania.
• Simmons could change his mind about playing for Australia at the Rio Olympics if he is selected by the 76ers, reports The Sydney Morning Herald. Simmons had previously opted out of a spot on Australia’s team to focus on his NBA career.
• NBA prospect Zhou Qi has reached an agreement with his Chinese team, the Xinjiang Flying Tigers, allowing him to buy out his contract and join the league in 2017, his agent told The Vertical.