Latest news from the NBA off-season.
The Cleveland Cavaliers avoided elimination on Monday night, beating the Golden State Warriors 112–97 to force a Game 6 in the NBA Finals. The other 28 NBA teams are focused on free agency and the NBA draft, which is just over a week away.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Warriors center Andrew Bogut will undergo an MRI on Tuesday to determine the severity of the knee injury he sustained on Monday night, reports ESPN’s Brian Windhorst.
• Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue will stick with Kevin Love as a starter in Game 6, reports the Akron Beacon Journal’s Jason Lloyd.
• The Minnesota Timberwolves are offering the No. 5 pick in the NBA draft as the centerpiece of a trade package to acquire Chicago Bulls guard Jimmy Butler, reports ESPN’s Marc Stein and Chad Ford.
• The Milwaukee Bucks signed head coach Jason Kidd to a three-year, $18 million extension, reports ESPN’s Stein and Ohm Youngmisuk.
• Ben Simmons is unlikely to work out for the Philadelphia 76ers before the draft, but the team is still expected to take him with the No. 1 pick, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Keith Pompey.
• Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan has officially opted out of his contract and is a free agent, reports Cleveland.com’s Chris Haynes.
• San Antonio Spurs forward David West has declined his player option and is contemplating his future, reports The Vertical’s Shams Charania.