The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season including the Warriors’ interest in signing Kevin Durant and Dirk Nowitzki.
The Cleveland Cavaliers are still reveling in their NBA championship, but the rest of the league has quickly turned its attention to the NBA draft on Thursday and preparations for the start of free agency on July 1.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Oklahoma City forward Kevin Durant would prefer to sign with the Golden State Warriors if he decides to leave Oklahoma City, reports the New York Daily News’ Frank Isola.
• Durant said his decision will be about who he’s playing with and the people he’ll be around, reports ESPN’s Royce Young.
• The Warriors also plan to pursue Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki in free agency, reports the San Jose Mercury News’ Tim Kawakami.
• The Philadelphia 76ers are pushing to complete a trade with the Boston Celtics for the No. 3 pick in the draft, reports the Celtics Blog’s Kevin O’Connor. Philadelphia has reportedly told Providence point guard Kris Dunn they will take him with the pick if they acquire it.
• The Phoenix Suns are looking to trade the No. 4 pick, reports ESPN’s Chad Ford.
• Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James is “leaning towards” skipping the Olympics, reports The Vertical’s Chris Mannix.
• The Chicago Bulls will not re-sign point guard Aaron Brooks, reports the Chicago Tribune’s K.C. Johnson.