The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season including who Kevin Duran will meet with in free agency, and Hassan Whiteside possibly signing with the Dallas Mavericks.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
NBA free agency starts on July 1, and both teams and players alike are making their final preparations. The biggest name available is Kevin Durant, who has plans to meet with six teams: the Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors, San Antonio Spurs, Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers and Miami Heat.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Teams meeting with Durant feel they are “laying the groundwork for 2017 free agency” since they anticipate him signing a one-year deal with the Thunder this off-season, reports The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
• Free-agent center Hassan Whiteside would prefer to re-sign with the Miami Heat, but isn’t “romantic” about the idea, reports Basketball Insiders’ Steve Kyler.
• The Dallas Mavericks “feel pretty good” about their chances of signing Whiteside away from the Heat, reports the Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s Dwain Price.
• The Washington Wizards have made Ryan Anderson their top free-agent target, reports CSN Mid-Atlantic’s J. Michael.
• Jeremy Lin is not expected to re-sign with the Charlotte Hornets, reports ESPN’s Chris Broussard.
• Jamal Crawford will meet with the Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Clippers, New York Knicks, Miami Heat, Orlando Magic, Toronto Raptors and Brooklyn Nets in free agency, reports the Orange County Register’s Dan Woike.
• The Memphis Grizzlies have declined Lance Stephenson’s team option, making him a free agent, reports The Vertical’s Shams Charania.