NBA rumors: Latest news, trades, free agent buzz
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NBA off-season is in full swing and the biggest free agent has made his decision. Kevin Durant will join the Golden State Warriors, leaving the Thunder after nine years in Oklahoma City. But that’s not the only notable storyline around the NBA.
Check out the latest NBA rumors and news below.
• With Durant gone, the Thunder will consider trading Russell Westbrook, reports ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. Westbrook’s contract expires after this season.
• Dwyane Wade could reunite with friend LeBron James once again. Jordan Schultz of the Huffington Post reports the Cleveland Cavaliers and Wade are in preliminary talks.
• Dirk Nowitzki is staying with the Dallas Mavericks. ESPN’s Marc Stein reports Nowitzki will get a two-year, $40 million deal.
• The Mavericks will land former Warriors Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut. Barnes joins Dallas on a four-year, $94 million deal, reports ESPN. The Mavs are sending a future second round pick in exchange, reports Wojnarowski.
• Seth Curry is also joining the Mavericks. Wojnarowski reports Curry is getting a two-year, $6 million deal.
• With Bogut gone, the Warriors have turned to Zaza Pachulia at center. Shams Charania of The Vertical reports Pachulia’s deal is for one year and $2.9 million.
• The Sacramento Kings have waived forward Caron Butler. The Miami Heat could be a landing spot, Wojnarowski reports.
• The Charlotte Hornets have signed center Roy Hibbert. Wojnaroswki reports the deal is worth $5 million for one year.