The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season including Dwayne Wade's free agency talks and Ray Allen potentially coming out of retirement.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
Several key free agents are still unsigned, so the NBA off-season rumor mill continues to churn. The biggest storyline now is Dwyane Wade’s free agency after Kevin Durant was pulled off the market by the Golden State Warriors.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Denver Nuggets have offered Wade a two-year, $50 million deal, reports ESPN’s Marc Stein. The Nuggets are “hopeful” Wade accepts the offer and think he is seriously weighing it.
• After previously canceling his meeting with the Milwaukee Bucks, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the Bucks will meet with Wade.
• Wade will meet with the Chicago Bulls, Milwaukee Bucks and Denver Nuggets on July 6, according to The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
•Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders reports the Miami Heat will get a meeting with Wade on July 6 in New York.
• The Cleveland Cavaliers’ salary cap issues make a reunion between Wade and LeBron James unlikely. David Aldridge of TNT reports James won’t take the veteran minimum to get Wade to Cleveland.
• Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald reports one NBA executive told him Westbrook is “a hundred percent” gone after this year.
• Ray Allen might be coming out of retirement. Chris Broussard reports the soon-to-be 41-year-old guard is looking at the Warriors, Spurs, Clippers and Cavaliers if he elects to play this season.
• The San Antonio Spurs have traded power forward Boris Diaw to the Utah Jazz in exchange for 2015 second rounder Olivier Hanlan to free up cap space after signing forward Pau Gasol, Wojnarowski reports.
• The Washington Wizards have signed Jason Smith to be their third center, reports J. Michael of CSN Mid-Atlantic. Smith’s deal is worth $15 million over three years with a player option after the second year.