The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season including Dwayne Wade’s agreement to sign with the Chicago Bulls and Richard Jefferson’s return to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
NBA players can officially sign contracts on Thursday. As teams begin to announce that their acquisitions are official, another big name came off the free-agency board on Wednesday: Dwyane Wade is leaving the Miami Heat in favor of his hometown Chicago Bulls.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Wade is getting a two-year, $47.5 million deal from the Bulls with a player option, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reports.
• To make the cap space to sign Wade, the Bulls have completed a pair of trades, Wojnarowski reports. Jose Calderon is heading to the Los Angeles Lakers, while Mike Dunleavy is going to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
• Richard Jefferson announced on Snapchat that he’s returning to the Cavaliers rather than retiring. Chris Mannix of The Vertical reports the deal is for two years and $5 million.
• The Detroit Pistons have signed San Antonio Spurs restricted free agent Boban Marjanovic to a three-year, $21 million deal, Marc Stein of ESPN reports. The Spurs are unlikely to match the offer, and Shams Charania of The Vertical reports they have inked Dewayne Dedmon to a two-year, $6 million deal.
• The Portland Trailblazers have a meeting with former Golden State Warriors forward Festus Ezeli, ESPN’s Marc Spears reports.
• Langston Galloway is leaving the New York Knicks for the New Orleans Pelicans. Galloway is getting a two-year, $10 million deal with a player option, reports SportsNet New York.