NBA rumors: Latest news, trades, free agent buzz
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
NBA free agency is now a week old, and while most of the top names on the market have been signed, there are still plenty of quality players available. The latest signing comes from the Portland Trail Blazers, who agreed to a two-year deal with center Festus Ezeli.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Trail Blazers shooting guard Allen Crabbe, a restricted free agent, has signed a four-year, $75 million offer sheet with the Brooklyn Nets, reports CSNNW.com’s Jason Quick. The Blazers have three days to match the offer if they want to keep Crabbe.
• The Nets have promised to make Crabbe a starter, Quick reports. Crabbe does not want to come off the bench in Portland next season.
• New Chicago Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo said the Bulls are Jimmy Butler’s team despite the additions of Rondo and Dwyane Wade, reports ESPN.
• Dario Saric will stay in Turkey instead of joining the Philadelphia 76ers this season, reports The Morning Call’s Tom Moore. Saric was the No. 12 overall pick in the 2014 draft.
• Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside was willing to re-sign for less money if the team could have signed Wade and Kevin Durant, reports the South Florida Sun-Sentinel’s Ira Winderman.
• The New York Knicks are interested in re-signing guard Sasha Vujacic, reports the New York Post’s Marc Berman.
• The 2017–18 NBA salary cap projection is lower than expected, reports ESPN’s Brian Windhorst.