NBA rumors: Latest news, trades, free agent buzz
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
NBA free agency is roughly a week and a half old, and many notable free agents have signed. However, there are a few quality players left on the market. In non-free agency news, Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green was arrested for assault after allegedly slapping a heckler.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• In a recent interview with ESPN, Al Horford claims he left the Atlanta Hawks because the team was no longer a fit “from a financial standpoint,” denying claims of problems playing with Dwight Howard and Hawks fans being unsupportive.
• Rudy Gobert will play for France in the 2016 Olympics. As a result, Gobert and the Utah Jazz have suspended contract negations until after the Olympics, Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com reports.
• Maurice Harkless isn’t in a rush to sign the Portland Trail Blazers’ one-year, $4 million qualifying offer, his agent told Jason Quick of CSNNW.
• The Toronto Raptors signed center Jared Sullinger to a one-year, $6 million deal, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
• Kris Humphries is returning to the Atlanta Hawks on a one-year, $4 million deal, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical.
• Veteran guard Sasha Vujacic is returning to the New York Knicks on a one-year, veteran minimum contract, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.
• Veteran Los Angeles Clippers forward Paul Pierce plans to play again next season, reports Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times.