The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season including the Boston Celtics trading for Jahlil Okafor, and the Brooklyn Nets' pursuit of Dion Waiters.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
NBA free agency is winding down, as most notable free agents have signed. However, a few quality restricted and unrestricted free agents remain unsigned, and a few trade rumblings are still swirling.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Boston Celtics will most likely trade for Jahlil Okafor, reports CSNNE.
• The Brooklyn Nets likely won’t sign unrestricted free agent Dion Waiters, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. The Nets met Waiters earlier this month but elected not to sign him, and their stance has not changed.
• Restricted free agent Maurice Harkless is not any closer to a deal with the Portland Trail Blazers, his agent told CSN. The forward has drawn interest from other teams, but wants to re-sign with Portland.
• Houston Rockets restricted free agent, Donatas Motiejunas might not re-sign with the team, as he told Fox 26 in Houston.
• The Phoenix Suns will host two regular-season games against the Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs in Mexico City, reports Stein.
• Milwaukee Bucks center Greg Monroe and Sacramento Kings forward Rudy Gay are still up for trade, reports Stein. As has been the case for most of the off-season.
• Oklahoma City Thunder forward Enes Kanter has received death threats following a failed military coup in his native Turkey. Kanter has spoken out against the Turkish regime led by President Erdogan. Kanter claims his politics caused him to be left off the national team for EuroBasket 2015.
• Veteran guard Bobby Brown has mutual interest in a vet-camp deal with the Houston Rockets, reports David Pick of Bleacher Report. Brown hasn’t played in the NBA since 2010.