NBA rumors: Latest news, trades, free agent buzz
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
NBA free agency is dying down as most of the big names are off the market, but there are still a few notable players available.
However, the biggest news of the day came from the league office when it announced it had pulled the 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, N.C. in response to House Bill 2, which has been criticized for being anti-LGBTQ.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• New Orleans is now the favorite to host the 2017 All-Star Game, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
• The Boston Celtics have shown interest in trading for Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor, but he is not a current priority for them, reports Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
• San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili would have signed with the 76ers if the Spurs didn’t re-sign him, reports Michael Lee of The Vertical.
• The Los Angeles Lakers have an “unnamed trade target” in mind they plan to pursue, reports Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders.
• New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony is organizing a meeting with community leaders, athletes and politicians in Los Angeles to address police-related shootings, reports Ian Begley of ESPN.
• Knicks point guard Derrick Rose said people are putting New York in the same “superteam” class as the Golden State Warriors, reports Begley.