The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season including the Portland Trail Blazers signing guard C.J. McCollum to an extension, and the Miami Heat signing guard Dion Waiters.
By Josh Gray, Chat Sports
Most of the big names have signed in NBA free agency, but there are still notable players looking for new homes. Some players and coaches are signing contract extensions with their current teams, including Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue has reached a five-year, $35 million extension with the team, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reports.
• Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook doesn’t want to be traded, reports Royce Young of ESPN.
• Portland Trail Blazers guard C.J. McCollum has agreed to a four-year, $106 million extension with the team, reports Wojnarowski.
• Free-agent guard Dion Waiters has signed a two-year, $6 million deal with the Miami Heat, reports Wojnarowski. Waiters, 24, was with the Oklahoma City Thunder this past season.
• Free-agent guard Ray McCallum has signed a one-year minimum deal with the Detroit Pistons, reports Michael Scotto of Sheridan Hoops.
• Former Cleveland Cavaliers center Sasha Kaun is retiring at the age of 31, reports Gary Bedore of KU sports. Kaun played in 25 games for the Cavaliers this past year, his only season in the NBA.
• Golden State Warriors center Anderson Varejao has a back injury and has returned from Brazil to be evaluated, reports Diamond Leung of the San Jose Mercury News.