By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NBA off-season is winding down, with only a few big names left. Two well-known players made retirement decisions, with one electing to return and another choosing to end his NBA career.
Check out the latest NBA rumors and news below.
• New York Knick forward Amar’e Stoudemire announced Tuesday that he’s retiring from the team where he played from 2010 to ’15.
• John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 98.7 reports Stoudemire wanted to play one more season for the Suns, but Phoenix said no.
• Los Angeles Clippers forward Paul Pierce is coming back for his 19th NBA season, reports Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
• Turner also reports that Pierce is still considering his options and will make a final decision in the next few weeks.
• Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook thought Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant was going to return to the Thunder, reports Royce Young of ESPN.
• Westbrook is angry and hurt that Durant didn’t tell him personally he was leaving, causing a falling out between the two. They haven’t spoken since Durant’s decision to leave, reports Young.
• Portland Trail Blazers restricted free agent Maurice Harkless has signed a four-year, $40 million extension with the team, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical.
• After the Orlando Magic added big men Bismack Biyombo and Serge Ibaka this off-season, there were rumblings of the Magic trading Nikola Vucevic to help create minutes in the front court. However, Zach Lowe of ESPN reports the Magic are in no rush to deal Vucevic.
• Thunder guard Victor Oladipo wants a max contract once he hits free agency, reports Lowe.
• The Boston Celtics have signed second-round pick Demetrius Jackson to a four-year, $5.5 million deal with a fourth-year team option, reports Michael Scotto of Sheridan Hoops.