NBA rumors: Latest news from the off-season
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA is in the midst of a quiet point in the off-season as teams prepare for the start of training camps next month. While teams are focused on filling their current rosters, the Sacramento Kings have bigger concerns facing them down the road.
According to Zach Harper of CBS Sports, All-Star big man DeMarcus Cousins will leave the team in 2018 free agency if he isn't traded by then.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Washington Wizards point guard John Wall is "rankled" by other players' big salaries and shoe deals, particularly those of teammate Bradley Beal and Houston Rockets guard James Harden, reports Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.
• The Philadelphia 76ers have traded point guard Kendall Marshall to the Utah Jazz for Tibor Pleiss, two future second-round picks and cash, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
• Utah will waive Marshall, making him an unrestricted free agent, reports Wojnarowski.
• Free-agent point guard Mario Chalmers said on Twitter that he has been cleared to return to the court after tearing his Achilles last season.
• The San Antonio Spurs are looking to sign Argentinian guard Nicolas Laprovittola, reports ESPN's Marc Stein.
• FC Barcelona is interested in signing free-agent center Kevin Seraphin, but he is still exploring his options in the NBA, reports Jorge Sierra of HoopsHype.
• An Oklahoma City Thunder fan has started a petition to change the name of the city of Durant, Okla. to Westbrook, Okla. Point guard Russell Westbrook re-signed with the team after Kevin Durant left to sign with the Golden State Warriors.