The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season as the league prepares for training camp.
The 2016-17 NBA season inches closer this week, as training camps open for teams participating in preseason NBA Global Games on Saturday. Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith is threatening to skip camp as he and team "remain at an impasse" in contract talks, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Milwaukee Bucks have signed forward Giannis Antetokounmpo to a four-year, $100 million extension, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
• Antetokounmpo took less than the max to give Milwaukee more cap room to retain their star players, reports Windhorst.
• The Bucks have "accelerated their attempts" to trade big man Greg Monroe, reports Greg Woelfel of the Racine Journal-Times.
• Sacramento Kings forward Rudy Gay has told the team he will opt out of his contract after the season and is unlikely to re-sign with the team, reports Wojnarowski.
• Gay has asked the team for a trade and would like to be dealt "sooner rather than later," but the team plans to keep him until the trade deadline as they try to compete for a playoff berth, reports Wojnarowski.
• The New York Knicks announced they have re-signed center Lou Amundson to a one-year deal.
• Veteran center Joel Anthony has signed a training camp deal with the San Antonio Spurs, reports Jabari Young of the San Antonio Express-News.